Monday, September 23, 2013

A Sacrifice of Praise

We don't tend to think about sacrifices much nowadays... I don't at least. I'm quite thankful that I don't have to sacrifice an animal for every sin (that's a lot of animals dead at my expense). But really, sacrifices are more than that.

We talk about sacrificing our time, sacrificing our money. And those are wonderful things to give over for God's glory. But how often do we forget a sacrifice of praise? I know I, for one, stand there like a robot if I'm just "not feeling" it. Or I neglect to praise Him daily, hourly, because my little mind gets confused. I start to think that I am only supposed to praise Him if everything's good, if I'm happy, if I feel like it.

Wrong. Like it or not, God deserves my praise every second of my life and then some.

He is faithful. Praise Him.
He is trustworthy. Praise Him.
He is just. Praise Him.
He is beautiful. Praise Him.
He is good. Praise Him.
He is merciful. Praise Him.
He is consistent. Praise Him.
He is God. Praise Him.

See, those characteristics of God don't change! Especially not based on something happening here on earth. He is good and deserving of praise all the time. We should praise Him just because He is.

Hebrews 13:5-6 says "Keep your life free from love of the money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsaken you.' So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?'"

Talk about a reason to PRAISE!!!

God has me all the time- even when things aren't "going my way," especially when things aren't "going my way." And He deserves my praise all the time, no matter the circumstances.

I love how songs capture exactly what I'm trying to express! At All Times- Mandisa & While I'm Waiting- John Waller

No comments:

Post a Comment